Wednesday 28 May 2014

Hanging basket time

Seeing as the season is moving along without me, I thought it was about time I did my hanging baskets and pots. We're lucky as we have a large covered porch outside the back door so we can sit out on warm days even in the rain. The cats enjoy being able to shelter from the rain too, So this is where I put most of annuals.

I usually have a plan for the colours in my baskets but this year I just picked up what I liked, figuring that nature never makes colours that clash.So we have surfinas, trailing petunias that will trail up to 1m (we'll see), fuschias & bidens. For the pots there are marigolds, calendula, osteospermums, and marguerites. Lovely hot bright colours, just perfect for me!


On the craft front I have plans for a lap cushion for Indiana to stop her digging claws into my legs on an evening. She is a very jealous lady and guards my lap from the other cats. I have ordered some chunky wool so it will knit up fast! I'm thinking a sort of patchwork effect. I have also spent the morning on Ravelry looking for cat patterns so we'll see what I end with.

I also have a new plan for another felted bag in purple tones this time, I just have to find the time to make all these lovely things now!


No comments:

Post a Comment