Friday 13 February 2015

Happy Fridayness

This week my little daffodils have made me happy with their nodding heads on my windowsill.



I was inspired by Clare over at http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk to finish up some of those WIP's, so I got out my knit n felt project bag and did the last few rows to make it ready to go in the machine for felting. I have no idea why I left this so close to being finished, literally 5 rounds and it was done?! I'll post a picture once it's been felted.




I have cracked on with the sock for my Spring wreath. I had real trouble finding a pattern for a long sock to fit the 35cm ring, so had to make one up. Size 5mm needles, stylecraft DK cast on 29 and knit until long enough! I will do a better post with the pattern once it's nearer completion.




Last Saturday we popped over to Thornbuy to visit the http://www.thewoolstop.co.uk/ Tina was very welcoming and helpful. Her shop was like the best stash you've ever seen! I shall be going back for more yarn and a giggle in the future. At least I have all the colours I need for the wreath now.

I'm happy that we found Edward after his mystery night away last weekend. He has been under house arrest all week and seems quite content about it. I'm not looking forward to him shedding his winter coat as he objects sorely to being brushed and tries to nip me. I try and do a little everyday much to his disgust. It's like owning 2 cats as he looks so different in the summer, but that's Norwegian Forest cats for you!


House arrest means Xbox all day...Hurrah!

Summer coat

Winter Coat


I was also happy to be in the supermarket at he exact time they gave away free flowers! I picked up some rather thirsty looking tulips but overnight they perked up and look fab and are even more enjoyable that they were free!


So I have had lots of little things to make me happy this week and I'm grateful! Wishing you all a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Free flowers! Wow, I'm obviously going to the wrong supermarket! Glad Edward is safe and well and I can't wait to see your bag when it's felted. Have a happy weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to get those pretty tulips for free! I'm excited to see your knitted wreath when its done, its such a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, free flowers, how lovely! It's horrible when your cat decides to stay out overnight - I always worry when ours do even though I'm sure they're quite capable of looking after themselves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daffodils and free tulips (how lovely) look beautiful. If my daughter saw Edward she would be so jealous. He looks beautiful, I will have to bare in mind if she says she wants a Norwegian Forest cat the answer is no. I don't fancy the brushing :) I hope Edward doesn't nip too much.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - great photos of Edward, he looks like a real character! How lucky to be given free flowers by the supermarket - you had perfect timing that day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be watching to see how your felted bag turns out. I went on a felting course yesterday, making felt hearts and loved it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great timing for the flowers, spring flowers are so pretty and brighten up days that are still cold and often dull.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete