Monday 9 June 2014

Sunny Sundays

Nothing better than a sunny Sunday to make you get up and get on with life. I had finished all chores and orders on Saturday to free up Sunday to do what I wanted. This consisted of a leisurely al fresco breakfast, followed by a few hours felting.

After the success of the notebook I thought I'd try it again but slightly smaller scale. I should know by now that the smaller the item the harder it is to get detail, but hey ho!
 I really like the sea tones of the blue one, this is my favourite part of felting, laying out the fibres as it all looks so fluffy.
This one is a bit garish, but I thought I'd give it a go and see what it turned out like.
 The blue one looks ok although it ended up smaller than planned.
This one just doesn't look right at all! But maybe it'll perk up once I've added some machine embroidery.


The hanging baskets are starting to come along now, and I just love the colours of the osteospermum 
And our neighbours gave us a lovely wicker cat basket. I put a fleece blanket in the bottom and it was instantly occupied! A succession of cats all gave it a vote of approval throughout the afternoon!



So not wanting to waste the sunshine inside felting we took the dogs to the local river for a swim and walk though the woods.
 It's a lovely riverbank walk and at this time of year the greens are just beautiful.
 I liked the reflections and shadows of this tree.
 The wild rhubarb or butterbur is in full glory, it's about chest high.
 Moushka and Laika enjoying cooling off in the river. Laika will only paddle, but Moo likes to have a good swim and their coats are always very soft and shiny after a dip in the river.
 Love the green of the water weeds, it's like a mermaids hair.
The woods are a nature reserve and this is their very posh hide! We did see a family of baby wrens but they were too far away to photograph. I felt refreshed and invigorated after our walk, ready for another week of work.




No comments:

Post a Comment